1. to make other chemicals like vinyl acetate, acetic anhydride, acetate and cellulose acetate.
2. as an excellent solvent and is widely used in the paint industry.
3. as an acidulant, flavoring agent and perfume in food manufacturing. such as canned tomatoes, asparagus, baby food, sardines, squid; and also used to make soft drinks, cold drinks, candies, baked goods, puddings, gum, etc.
4. To synthesize acetic anhydride, diethyl malonate, ethyl acetoacetate, haloacetic acid, etc.,
5. To produce drugs such as aspirin, and can also be used to produce acetate. It is widely used in pesticide, medicine and dyestuff, photographic medicine manufacturing, textile printing and dyeing and rubber industry.