Hexamethylene, Hexahydrobenzene, Hexanaphthene
Cyclohexane appears as a clear colorless liquid with a petroleum-like odor. Cyclohexane is an alicyclic hydrocarbon comprising a ring of six carbon atoms; the cyclic form of hexane. It has a role as a non-polar solvent. It is a cycloalkane and a volatile organic compound. Cyclohexane is insoluble in water, soluble in most organic solvents. Very easy to burn. It is mainly used as a raw material in the manufacture of nylon. It can also be used in resins, coatings, fats, paraffin oils, and can also be used to prepare organic substances such as cyclohexanol and cyclohexanone.
Solubility:Insoluble in water, soluble in most organic solvents such as ethanol, ether, benzene, acetone, etc.
1. Used as a raw material in the manufacture of nylon.
2. as a solvent for rubber, paint and varnish.
3. Paint remover.
4. Used as analytical reagent, such as solvent, chromatographic analysis standard substance.
5. Complexometric titration of copper, iron, silicon, aluminum, calcium, magnesium, etc.; chromatographic analysis standards;
6. Used as photoresist solvent;
7. Used for the extraction of essential oils;
8. A cleaning and degreasing agent.