1. Used as a reaction medium in the pharmaceutical industry to prepare ampicillin, ampicillin, cephalosporin, etc.;
2. used as a solvent in film production, petroleum dewaxing solvent, aerosol propellant, organic synthesis extractant, polyurethane foam, etc.
3. Used as blowing agent and metal cleaning agent for plastic production.
4. Used as a refrigerant in industrial refrigeration systems, but it is very harmful and can produce highly toxic phosgene when it comes in contact with open flames or hot objects. It can be hydrolyzed to generate a small amount of hydrogen chloride in humid air, and light can also promote hydrolysis and increase the corrosiveness of metals.
5. Used for grain fumigation and refrigeration of low-pressure refrigerators and air-conditioning devices. Used as an auxiliary blowing agent in the production of polyether urethane foam, and as a blowing agent for extruded polysulfone foam.
6. used to make decaffeinated coffee. The coffee is first steamed to dissolve the caffeine and float on the surface, and then use methylene chloride to remove the caffeine.
7. Used as a processing solvent in the production of drugs, medicines and film coatings.
8. Used as a metal cleaning and finishing solvent in electronic products.