1. Formic acid can be used directly in fabric processing, leather tanning, textile printing and dyeing, and green fodder storage.
2. It can also be used as a metal surface treatment agent, rubber auxiliary and industrial solvent.
3. In organic synthesis, it is used to synthesize various formate, acridine dyes and formamide series of pharmaceutical intermediates.
4. It is also used as a disinfectant and antiseptic.
The specific classification is as follows:
Pharmaceutical industry: Caffeine, Analgin, Aminopyrine, Aminophylline, Theobromine, Borneol, Vitamin B1, Metronidazole, Mebendazole.
Pesticide industry: Fenmeining, triadimefon, tricyclazole, triazole, triazophos, paclobutrazol, uniconazole, pyrethidin, dicofol, etc.
Chemical industry: calcium formate, sodium formate, ammonium formate, potassium formate, ethyl formate, barium formate, dimethyl formamide, formamide, rubber antioxidant, pentaerythritol, neopentyl glycol, epoxy soybean oil, epoxy soybean oil Octyl acid, pivaloyl chloride, paint remover, phenolic resin, pickled steel plate, etc.
Leather industry: leather tanning agents, deliming agents and neutralizers.
Rubber industry: natural rubber coagulant.
5. Formic acid and its aqueous solution can dissolve many metals, metal oxides, hydroxides and salts, and the formed formate can be dissolved in water, so it can be used as a chemical cleaning agent. Formic acid does not contain chloride ions and can be used for cleaning equipment containing stainless steel materials.