Acetic acid, methyl ester,Tereton, Methyl ethanoate
Methyl acetate appears as a clear colorless flammable liquid with a fragrant odor. It is an acetate ester resulting from the formal condensation of acetic acid with methanol. It is an acetate ester, a methyl ester and a volatile organic compound.Methyl acetate is used as a solvent for many resins and oils. It has a role as a polar aprotic solvent, a fragrance and an EC 22.214.171.124 (pyroglutamyl-peptidase I) inhibitor.
1. Solvent for nitrocellulose, acetylcellulose, and many resins and oils;
2. manufacture artificial leather.
3. Catalyst for the biodegradation of organic materials.
4. In agriculture to destroy cocklebur seeds selectively.
5. Flavoring agent useful in rum, brandy, whiskey; lift for fruit flavors.
6. Paint remover compounds.