Sodium sulphate；Salt cake；Sodium sulfate anhydrous；Sulfuric acid disodium salt；Disodium sulphate；Sulfuric acid, sodium salt；Sulfuric acid sodium salt (1:2)
Sodium sulfate is a salt formed by the combination of sulfate and sodium ions.Inorganic compounds, high-purity, fine-grained anhydrous substances are called sodium sulfate. It is awhite , odorless, and bitter saline tasteorthorhombic crystals or powder with hygroscopicity. The appearance is transparent, large crystals or small granular crystals. Sodium sulfate is easy to absorb water when exposed to the air, forming sodium sulfate decahydrate, also known as Glauber's salt, which is slightly alkaline.
Sodium sulfate has been mainly used in the manufacture of water glass, glass, enamel, pulp, refrigerant mixture, detergent, desiccant, dye diluent, analytical chemical reagent, medicine, feed, etc. Sodium sulfate is the most commonly used post-treatment desiccant in organic synthesis laboratories. Upstream raw materials include sulfuric acid, caustic soda, etc.
1. Used in the chemical industry to manufacture sodium sulfide sodium silicate water glass and other chemical products.
2. In the paper industry, it is used as a cooking agent in the manufacture of sulphate pulp.
3. The glass industry is used to replace soda ash as auxiliary solvent.
4. In the textile industry, it is used to formulate vinylon spinning coagulant.
6. Used to make sodium sulfide, paper pulp, glass, water glass, enamel, and also used as a laxative and antidote for barium salt poisoning. It is a by-product of the production of hydrochloric acid from table salt and sulfuric acid. Chemically used to make sodium sulfide, sodium silicate, etc. The laboratory is used to wash away the barium salt. Industrially used as raw materials for preparing NaOH and H2SO4, and also used in papermaking, glass, printing and dyeing, synthetic fibers, leather making, etc. Sodium sulfate is the most commonly used post-treatment desiccant in organic synthesis laboratories.
7. Used as a filler for synthetic detergents.
8. The hydration product calcium sulfoaluminate is generated faster, thereby accelerating the hydration and hardening speed of cement. It varies with the type of cement, curing conditions and the amount of cement.
9. Used as an analytical reagent, such as a dehydrating agent, a digestion catalyst for nitrogen determination, and an interference inhibitor in atomic absorption spectroscopy. It is also used in the pharmaceutical industry.
10. It can be used as a buffer in sulfate zinc plating to stabilize the pH value of the plating solution.