Tetrahydrofuran (Tetrahydrofuran) is a heterocyclic organic compound, which belongs to the ethers and is a completely hydrogenated product of the aromatic compound furan. It is a colorless, water-miscible, organic liquid with a small viscosity at normal temperature and pressure. Because of its long liquid range, it is a commonly used as a medium-polar aprotic solvent. Its main purpose is to be the precursor of high molecular polymers.
1. It is widely used as a solvent for surface coatings, anticorrosive coatings, printing inks, tape and film coatings.
2. Used as chromatographic analysis reagent, organic solvent and nylon 66 intermediate.
3. an intermediate for the synthesis of pesticide phenbutyltin.
4. it can be directly used to make synthetic fibers, synthetic resins, and synthetic rubbers, as well as many polymer materials
5. in the pharmaceutical industry, can be used to produce Kebiqing, Progesterone, rifamycin and used as a pharmaceutical solvent
6. Tetrahydrofuran (THF) can also be used as a surface treatment agent for synthetic leather.